Maldives Surfing

When you step off the plane in the Maldives the thing that strikes you the most is the colour of the water. Unlike any place I have visited or have had the privilege of holidaying in the past, the colour of the ocean in the Maldives is teaming with life, colour and exuberance.

Maldives surfing

After staying at the Four Seasons Kuda Hurra resort for a week and watching the Surfing Champions Trophy which consisted of past world champions: Tom Curren, Damien Hardman, Mark Occhilupo, Martin Potter and Phil Rajzman I would have to agree with the Four Seasons claim concerning the competition: "The World's Most Luxurious Surfing Event".



Between Eating like a king breakfast lunch and dinner, sipping coconuts in my water bungalow, surfing fun size aquarium blue waves with nobody out, snorkelling on the coral reef teaming with life and shaking a leg to the islands DJ at sunset it has left me speechless and with a clear understanding of why the Kuda Hurra resort in the Maldives was rated the number 1 resort in the world in 2011.

Maldives surfing

I would have loved to have filmed more but quite frankly it was far to hot to be stuck behind the camera and far to much to explore in my limited holiday space. Below is a quick klip I put together of: Tom Curren, Tim Mitchell (Tropic Surf Guide and part owner of Surfboard Traders), William Kimball (Friend and member of Tom's band) Pat Curren (Tom's son) Phil Rajzman and Martin Potter free surfing at Sultans before the contest started. In all honesty it was probably the hottest 2 hours of my life and I'm just glad I didn't die of dehydration. The heat in the tropics can be a killer. Enjoy the klips: Bonaqua!!!

More pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.342100565876736.82876.100002303876825&type=1


Video music by Tom Curren: http://tomcurren.com/

Comments